Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Homework part 2

Article 1:

I believe that Tarantino is in the right about the subject. I feel that its not his blame for the violence in America. I think that just because you watch a violent movie doesn't mean you'll become a violent person. Its the way you are raised that makes you who you are, movies can be a outlet for violence and a escape for some people not a reason to go out and hurt somebody.

Article 2:

In this article Mark LaSalle thinks that media and movies are to blame for all the violence in America and that when a kid watches a violent film they over a period of time will get distant from what is right and wrong and think that violence is the right thing. I think that is not true because as a kid I watched all kinds of movies for entertainment purposes but my parents always reminded me that its not real and its just for entertainment and excitement.

Marilyn Manson:

Marilyn Manson was blamed for the violence in the Columbine shooting because the media needed somebody to point a finger at when they couldn't find a reasonable cause why the kids did it. They couldn't just drop the story and not say why they did it so they pointed a finger at somebody who made "violent" music. I personally do not think that his music made these kids violent he even states that the kids hated his music. My dad when I was growing up would listen to his music and so I would hear it too and I actually enjoyed it and if you look at me now I would have to say it did not influence me in any way. Like Manson stated I think news is to blame in most cases the way they idolize and make the people who do bad things "famous" but its also in human nature to be somewhat violent and you don't have to grow up watching violent movies to become such a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment