Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Vampire Gentlemen and Zombie Beasts

To me zombies have always been a terrifying thing to me, actually zombies are one of my worst fears next to spiders. But for some strange reason I've always loved to watch zombie movies and tv shows. I think its because of the thrill and curiosity of how they came to be in the show and how someday it might be possible for a disease to come about the world that can turn a person into a raging victim with no personality and the only thing they want is meat and the'll get it from any living thing. So to me when it comes to zombies I don't think there is any other way to represent them other than scary, grotesque, once alive, monsters.

But on the other hand I love Vampires and don't find them scary at all and never have even when I was a kid which is weird to me considering they do almost the same thing as a zombie. I think its the fact that they have a voice, a conscience, and like they said in the article are mysterious. They aren't just a corps walking around with no sense of where they are and one purpose to kill and never stop because if they did there would be no humans to feed off of, they have the ability to stop and not just infect and cause disease on the human race. I think there kinda interesting because they are immortal and have super human abilities and zombies are just dead feeding off of the living. Although the early vampires like in The Lost Boys were more grotesque I feel like its just the point we are at in film and society they don't get as high of rating as the loving ones do. Though personally I like the vampires portrayed in True Blood they are not just some night in shiny armor to teen girls they have a dark and bloody side that the older vampires had but they don't look like a monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment